The Polis Center at IUPUI (Polis) is a unit of the IUPUI School of Liberal Arts dedicated to using collaboration, interdisciplinary research, and knowledge of spatial technologies to provide reliable information, thoughtful perspective, and creative solutions for the improvement of communities in Indiana and beyond. Polis seeks an experienced candidate to fill the position of Senior Research Analyst. The Senior Research Analyst will help to design a broad range of applied community-based research projects. This position also will interact with community groups to provide information and to build community capacity to make positive change. Internally, this position will have a lead role in planning and executing higher-level analyses and will mentor other analyst staff.
This position is responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of applied research projects and must be experienced at collecting, evaluating, managing, and analyzing spatial and non-spatial data in both quantitative and qualitative formats; preparing statistical analyses; creating data visualizations; and developing reports containing descriptive, analytical, and evaluative content for both public and academic audiences. This position is accountable for managing internal resources and working with external data providers and vendors as required to meet research and project objectives within a fast-paced, multi-project environment. This position will work with other staff analysts to insure they have the specific skills necessary to complete a project and will mentor graduate interns.
- Minimum of master’s degree in a social science (e.g., geography, sociology, demography, etc.), spatial science, urban planning, or other fields related to the center’s work. PhD preferred.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills required; qualitative analysis skill highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in applied community research or evaluation projects.
- Experience in program- and community-level outcome measurement, program evaluation, intervention effectiveness studies, community needs and assets assessments, and/or management, analysis, and visualization of large administrative and survey datasets.
- Knowledge of appropriate statistical and data visualization software. Knowledge of SQLis a plus, as is knowledge of GIS.
- Effective oral and written communication of research findings.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a project team.
Salary and Rank:
$55,000-$65,000 – RSS
This position is available immediately and will remain open until it is filled. Interested candidates should review the application requirements and submit their letter of application, complete curriculum vitae, samples of work that demonstrate required skills, and list of three references with good knowledge of candidate’s abilities and experiences through Faculty Careers at IU.
Questions regarding the position or application process can be directed to: Melissa Gona