Via our collaborations, we:
- Translate social, cultural, economic, and environmental data into actionable information e.g., combining and analyzing community health indicators, community input, and intervention research then developing community health priority scores for community health improvement planning.
- Develop community health needs assessments using evidence-based methods to build the capacity of hospital systems, public health agencies, treatment facilities, and community-based organizations.
- Develop innovative tools and approaches for community health planning, population health management, and patient-centered decision support like data warehouses, data dashboards, and information portals.
- Train individuals and organizations to readily discover, visualize, understand, and share place-based information to better understand their communities and the social and environmental determinants of health, well-being, and resiliency.
- Help organizations identify needed community services as well as potential organizational partners and institutional supporters.
- Create new information through applied research, analysis, geoprocessing, and modeling.
- Curate an extensive set of social and environmental data and spatially integrate these data with clinical and epidemiological data to inform medical and public health research.